Here are some of the most frequent questions our clients have asked.
What is e-Residency?
Estonia is the first country to offer e-Residency, a government-issued digital identity and status that provides entrepreneurs with access to Estonia’s transparent digital business environment. You can find out all about e-Residency, who can apply, how to apply etc. directly on the e-Residency webpage – https://e-resident.gov.ee/become-an-e-resident/
In case you need help with your application, our team can also gladly help you with the process.
What are the benefits of e-Residency?
Starting an EU company
- Registering an EU-based company entirely online
- Accepting online payments through providers like PayPal
- Owning your company without the need to appoint a local director
- Starting a company 100% online from anywhere in the world
- Travelling and operating your business remotely
- Moving abroad without the need to re-establish your company
Growing your business remotely
- Signing, authenticating, encrypting and sending documents digitally
- Declaring business taxes online
- Accessing EU Single Market and cross-border capital
Being a part of a global community
- Networking with e-Residents across 165+ countries
- Connecting with service providers in a growing marketplace
- Discovering new ways to grow your business
What services does Silva Hunt offer?
Silva Hunt is an e-resident company service provider for advanced businesses and entrepreneurs who are looking for a hassle free business environment. If you want easy access to the European single market, a stable jurisdiction and an advanced digital, paperless and location independent company structure, we can gladly help you out. The limitations of other service providers are just our sweet spot: advanced business models with demanding requirements.
Do you support holding companies?
Yes. You can also read more why it is a great idea to have a holding company in Estonia –
Do you support e-resident companies whose business in e-commerce?
Yes. We have a lot of clients in e-commerce, Amazon FBA etc. E-Residency can be a great solution to make it easier for online sellers. There are some complex EU VAT regulations in place that e-commerce sellers have to take into account, for example omplext VAT regulations difficulties finding the right country to establish a company, issues with high incorporation costs, large amounts of bureaucracy etc. However, there are also many benefits running an Amazon FBA business in Europe with an Estonian company.
- It is much more cost-effective incorporate in Estonia, compared to most of the other EU countries. Also, lower administration costs compared to other EU countries
- No paperwork, no bureaucracy, and no local director that has control over your company. You have full control over your company and its activities
- 0% corporate tax on non-distributed profits (if you owe taxes in Estonia)
- The online state system RIK allows you to access and monitor your company’s registration files with transparency
- Remote business management via many digital solutions, including digital signatures.
- Shared capital payment for a ‘Private Limited Company’ is just 2,500€ and are not compulsory to be paid when first starting off.
- Last, but not least – you can grow your company with the help of the the e-resident community where experienced and like-minded entrepreneurs around the world with Estonian companies are happy to share valuable information with each other.
Do you support companies who are dealing in cryptocurrencies?
Do you help e-resident companies obtain necessary licenses? Absolutely. There are some business activities that are subject to special requirements and you will need to submit a notice of economic activity or apply for a business license. If applicable, you will need to obtain the necessary licence before you begin business activity. These business activities include areas like tourism, finance and financial activities, labour market, management consultancy or insurance that require a license according to the laws of Estonia. We will gladly help you obtain the necessary information documents and go through the necessary procedures with you.
You can also find a list of licenses and economic activities in the State Portal.
Another option to check which area of activity requires a license or a notice of economic activity, is to use the EMTAK Search. After you find your business activity, scroll down to expand the Details section and check for special requirements.
Do you accept e-resident companies who would like to come over from another service provider?
Yes. We understand that sometimes your previous service provider does not match the expectations of your business anymore or does not offer all the services that your company might need. We will help you with the transition process, and assist you in gathering all the necessary data that you need to take with you. NB! Transferring from one service provider to another can be done anytime, but it is easiest to do in the beginning of the fiscal year.